The Grand Jury Resistance TOUR: Building Strong Movement Defense
This Spring, NoDAPL water protectors and the Water Protector Anti-Repression Crew will be facilitating trainings across Turtle Island to share knowledge about resistance to the grand jury convened against water protectors at Standing Rock. We want to build our capacities for strong movement defense against state repression.
Strong movements and interdependent relationships make attempts to shut down our struggle obsolete. Let’s build our capacity for defending our movements together!
This two-hour workshop is open to all who have participated in the movement at Standing Rock, those who have supported the efforts on the ground from their homes and territories elsewhere, as well as all those who wish to continue fighting on the many frontlines that continuing emerging across Turtle Island.
The fight isn’t over at Standing Rock, as nearly 800 Water Protectors continue their battles in the courtrooms with some facing federal felony indictments that carry a potential of 15 years in federal prison. The grand jury convened against water protectors continues as does the resistance to it. As extraction becomes the norm and the government ramps up its repression against those who stand in resistance, this workshop holds valuable information for those who struggle for Indigenous sovereignty, earth liberation and a future without oppression.
TOUR DATES (visit our FB page for event details)
(Please contact WPANTIREPRESSION@PROTONMAIL.COM if you'd like to host a workshop in your territory or community!)
- April 2nd – Minneapolis, MN – All My Relations Gallery
- April 4th – Fond Du Lac Reservation – FDL Tribal and Community College
- April 6th – Rosebud Reservation – Rosebud Community Center
- April 7th – Pine Ridge Reservation – Location TBA
- April 8th – Denver, CO – Four Winds American Indian Council
- April 10th – Salt Lake City, UT – Location TBA
- April 11th – Durango, CO – Ft. Lewis College
- April 12th – Flagstaff, AZ – Taala Hooghan Infoshop
- April 13th – Tucson, AZ – Global Justice Center
- April 15th – Phoenix, AZ – Want to host? Email WPAntiRepression@protonmail.com
- April 16th – Los Angeles, CA – Want to host? Email WPAntiRepression@protonmail.com
- April 17th – Santa Cruz, CA – Want to host? Email WPAntiRepression@protonmail.com
- April 18th – Bay Area – Location TBA
- April 20th – Eugene, OR – Want to host? Email WPAntiRepression@protonmail.com
- April 21st – Portland, OR – Location TBA
- April 22nd – Olympia, OR – Rising S.P.R.I.N.G. Convergence
- April 24th – Seattle, WA – Location TBA